Deep Ellum was established in 1873 in an area east of downtown Dallas as a residential and commercial neighborhood. The area was originally called Deep Elm, but the pronunciation “Deep Ellum” by early residents led to its current, official name. Because of its proximity to the Houston and Texas Central railroad, the area was also referred to as “Central Track.”

DEEP ELLUM, DALLAS